Asset ManagerRomain Roirand
- Sector telecoms
- Investment Year 2018
- Status Invested
- Country Switzerland
- Ownership 100%
- Households connected c.27,000
- Number of Networks owned/managed 3
The Optical Main Distribution Frame (OMDF), in one of Swiss4net’s central offices, provides terminal points between the end users (subscribers) on one end and cables leading to active equipment (the telecommunication service provider) on the other.
This Optical Handover Distribution Frame (OHDF), in another area of one of Swiss4net’s central offices, is controlled by the telecommunications service provider and is the interface between Swiss4net and the telecommunications service provider.
- Highly fragmented market with significant opportunities for further FTTH network roll out
- Attractive FTTH consumer market potential with positive tailwinds on commercialisation
- Favourable Swiss macroeconomic fundamentals with highest income / capita in Europe
- State-of-the-art 4 point-to-point fibres per household networks, providing redundancy and spare capacity for future use cases
- Attractive open-access wholesale business model with revenues underpinned by long-term contracts with national and local CSPs
- High barriers to entry thanks to long-term exclusive rights over the use of local utility ducts